Monday, March 18, 2013

Life changer


The wheel of life or medicine wheel is an old pattern, used in many traditions, from shamans to magicians, to manifest desires and gaining insights in issues hidden deep inside. I often apply it in rituals; others utilize it in coaching sessions. Recently I worked my way through the wheel twice, in a Symbol Process and a Mandala. The first was a small-scale representation of my life, with small objects symbolizing important values. The second was a big circle filled with natural materials, where I physically moved through, like in family constellations.  

The wheel brings together the different aspects of human existence: the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. It also reveals deeper meaning through direct experience: you do not just get to see what certain aspects in your life mean, you feel, know, touch upon levels of truth your usually unaware of, and at the same time frozen energy is melted to make room for new possibilities.
In both processes I worked on trust. The subject seems to be at the base of all my issues: can I for example make physical health a priority, before moving on to new projects? 
After the processes some pretty great changes took place, and, like in healings, I couldn’t exactly pinpoint what made the difference: was it the wheels, was it the liver cleanse, the healing I received, one of my own rituals, or all of the above? It doesn’t really matter, yet: I have been sleeping great, for the first time in years; I am feeling more at ease; I am fighting less with my husband, and I started writing a new book.
Want to do a Symbol Process? See Daniëlle Doeve at www.hartskracht.nl. For the big Mandala’s (inside or outside in nature) contact Bastiaan Serlé: serlay@xs4all.nl.


2 comments:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..
    movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Juan, I haven't blogged anymore lately, I focus on writing books now, but very nice to get your comment!

    ReplyDelete